Home 5 FAQ 5 Who to Contact

Who to Contact

Depending on the location and issue, there are a number of organizations and government agencies who may be able to help address your questions or concern.  

Volunteer Organizations

For general questions or requests concerning Burrowing Owls, Gopher Tortoises and other native wildlife in Cape Coral:

For injured wildlife:

City of Cape Coral Departments

City of Cape Coral

For suspected violations of the city’s protected species ordinance (Burrowing Owls, Gopher Tortoises, Bald Eagle) or other codes :

City of Cape Coral Code Enforcement


Concerning Monitor Lizards and other exotic/invasive reptiles:

City of Cape Coral Environmental Resources Department


For information on wildlife at Rotary Park:

City of Cape Coral Rotary Park Environmental Center


State Agencies

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission

Harassment or mortalities of wildlife, especially protected species such as Burrowing Owls, Gopher Tortoises, Manatees, Bald Eagles, Scrub Jays:

Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC)



Florida Department of Environmental Protection

Concerning water quality, pollution or wetlands destruction:

Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
South District