Cape Coral Friends of Wildlife to Host 22nd Annual Burrowing Owl Festival
Cape Coral Friends of Wildlife (CCFW) will hold the 22nd Annual Burrowing Owl Festival, Wildlife and Environmental Exposition on February 24, 2024, from 10 to 4 at Rotary Park in Cape Coral. The festival is a fun, educational family event – the largest wildlife festival in Southwest Florida featuring:
- Live animals from Adam’s Animal Encounters
- Children’s corner with face painting, crafts and educational activities
- Wildlife experts discussing Burrowing Owls, Gopher Tortoises and other SW Florida wildlife
- Silent auction, featuring hundreds of items
- Tours of the Tom Allen Butterfly House
- Food and beverages
- Guided bus tours of nature around Cape Coral
- Exhibits by many conservation and wildlife organizations
- Arts and Crafts vendors
- Photography bus tour hosted by renown birding experts David & Tammy McQuade and Eary & Jennifer Warren. Advance registration required.
A donation of $5 at the door for visitors 12 and above is appreciated.
Funds raised will be used to support CCFW’s mission to preserve and enhance the habitats of protected wildlife species and to educate the community about Cape Coral’s wildlife resources. A major focus is the acquisition of land for wildlife habitat through CCFW’s sister organization, Cape Coral Wildlife Trust. To date, 69 lots totaling over 8 acres have been acquired in Cape Coral where numerous gopher tortoises and burrowing owls reside.
Please join us for a fun filled day and support Cape Coral’s wildlife!